About Us: Sensor Technology Ltd. (SensorTech) is a leading designer and manufacturer of monolithic piezo ceramic solutions and custom acoustic transducers and hydrophones. With 40 years of experience and global market penetration, we enable our clients thrive in the maritime industries focused in areas such as defense and security, energy, aquaculture, and exploration.
Our Core Values:
- Innovation – At Sensor Technology we are always looking for new and more effective ways to manufacture our products. With a strong R&D focus, we are focused on providing better product solutions to our clients.
- Knowledgeable – With 40 years in the industry, we have built a strong knowledge base and level of expertise that allows us to share that experience with our clients to provide effective solutions and an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of a variety of possible solutions.
- Customization – Our foundation is in customized solutions. With a keen understanding of the industries, as well as client needs, our strength is in providing innovative, custom solutions to meet the unique needs of each of our clients. Our passion is partnering with our clients to provide a unique, custom solution that provides increased effectiveness and efficiency to client requirements.
- Enablement – Enabling our customers by partnering with them to understand, achieve, and exceed their goals. Enabling our employees to learn, grow, and thrive by fostering a balanced, inclusive, and results-based team approach to business.
Responsibilities: We are seeking a hands-on Project Manager to drive our product and systems development goals. As a member of the team, you will manage design, production, and client engagement programs and projects collaborating in a flat, matrixed organization. This role will be based at our facilities in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia with travel to our Ontario-based headquarters or client locations on some occasions.
We view this to be a critical role. Your time and expertise will be applied to varying types of efforts ranging from tactical day-to-day internal projects to facilitating strategic overarching programs. You will be capable of adapting to a Project Management approach using tools with an emphasis on communication, facilitation, proactive management and detailed reporting on progress and challenges. You will instill the mantra of timely delivery of objectives through team and individual accountability. You will utilize the Microsoft tool sets to collaborate, communicate, inform, and lead tried-and-true product deliveries and next generation product and system prototyping projects. Your passion and results-oriented personality will serve customers, team members, and the business by demonstrating and enabling the best version of each of us and the business. You won’t be alone or dropped into the fire. We’ll be with you until you are comfortable with the business, your teammates, tools, and responsibilities. And we’ll look to you for input on ways to improve our approach and business.
Our close-knit team offers leadership visibility and the chance to have a direct impact on the products we develop in collaboration with our customers to drive the Blue Economy. You will be a part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about supporting one another and our clients. Honesty and the ability to accept feedback are critical, as is a sense of humor and the general ability to have fun!
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong, clear, and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Facilitation and team-building skills in a distributed work environment.
- Excellent resource allocation and time management skills.
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated project management experience.
- Experience managing electrical and mechanical hardware systems projects including assembly and integration with software integration points
- Experience managing projects from concept (prototype) to customer acceptance of market ready product.
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Intermediate-level MS Project and Project Management tools experience.
- Experience and intermediate-level skills utilizing MS Teams, MS productivity suite.
- Comfortable shifting between leading and contributing based upon the situation and overall objectives.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- PMP / formal project management training is a plus.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree.
- Technical and business writing and reporting.
- Experience with human resource management of direct staff reports.
- Ask the right questions during the interview to reach the point you can explain ways you would apply your knowledge, skills, and abilities to contribute and lead to an improved Sensor Technology.
Job Type: Full-time
Contact: Colleen Hodder @ [email protected]