Sensor Technology Ltd. is currently seeking a detail-focused Production Technician who enjoys working with their hands in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to join our growing team. As a Production Technician, you will work within our skilled manufacturing Team to build components for a wide range of products and learn new skills along the way. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an exceptional level of attention to detail, initiative and focus while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Use a variety of skilled assembly techniques including bonded assembly, encapsulation, and use of hand tools to fasten, attach and secure parts
- Prepare materials for assembly using solvent cleaning and abrasive surface preparation.
- Use various chemicals, adhesives, and compounds to encapsulate and, bond parts.
- Solder various electrical components
- Reads and interpret detailed documentations such as drawings, assembly procedures and bills of materials
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- Utilizes a variety of test, measurement equipment in the verification of product specifications
- Maintains a clean, hazard free workstation by cleaning and maintain equipment, tidying production floor and complying with health and safety procedures, rules and regulations
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Aptitude and drive for hands-on assembly, background in a detailed hands-on assembly in other fields considered an asset
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to learn/understand engineering and general documentation
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including respirator
- Soldering experience with good dexterity would be considered an asset
- Machining or manufacturing experience considered an asset.
- Hardworking and motivated
- Excellent organization skills
- Exceptional time management skills
Sensor Technology offers competitive salary and benefits, and a comfortable, flexible work environment within a highly skilled team.
Sensor technology is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self-identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.
Contact: Colleen Hodder @ [email protected]