Senior Bid Writer
About Us: Sensor Technology Ltd. (SensorTech) is a leading designer and manufacturer of monolithic piezo ceramic solutions and custom acoustic transducers and hydrophones. With 40 years of experience and global market penetration, we enable our clients thrive in the maritime industries focused in areas such as defense and security, energy, aquaculture, and exploration.
Our Core Values:
- Innovation – At Sensor Technology we are always looking for new and more effective ways to manufacture our products. With a strong R&D focus, we are focused on providing better product solutions to our clients.
- Knowledgeable – With 40 years in the industry, we have built a strong knowledge base and level of expertise that allows us to share that experience with our clients to provide effective solutions and an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of a variety of possible solutions.
- Customization – Our foundation is in customized solutions. With a keen understanding of the industries, as well as client needs, our strength is in providing innovative, custom solutions to meet the unique needs of each of our clients. Our passion is partnering with our clients to provide a unique, custom solution that provides increased effectiveness and efficiency to client requirements.
- Enablement – Enabling our customers by partnering with them to understand, achieve, and exceed their goals. Enabling our employees to learn, grow, and thrive by fostering a balanced, inclusive, and results-based team approach to business.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop and implement a formal bid response process, supporting templates, and boilerplate (standardized repeatably used items) materials
- Take full control and responsibility for the production of bid responses in line with the implemented bid process, including authoring and integration of materials as required
- Liaise with senior managers, collating and leading virtual bid team for opportunities
- Understand the bid timelines and develop a bid plan to meet the relevant milestones on time and steer the virtual team to successful completion
- Support commercial negotiation in the contract phase through change management of the solution during negotiation, and managing information flow
- Improve proposal writing results by evaluating and re-designing standardized response materials, documents, and spreadsheets (boilerplate materials)
- Assisting with development of bespoke proposals, best practice information, technique guides
- Liaise with a diverse group of stakeholders to determine final tender response recommendations and solutions for each proposal submission
- Develop, review and co-ordinate Governmental Sales bid and tender documentation, plans and presentations
- Guide and assist leadership in tender strategy, co-ordination and delivery of Governmental and Commercial Sales tenders
Our close-knit team offers leadership visibility and the chance to have a direct impact on the products we develop in collaboration with our customers to drive the Blue Economy. You will be a part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about supporting one another and our clients. Honesty and the ability to accept feedback are critical, as is a sense of humor and the general ability to have fun!
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ocean industry and bid writing within industry an advantage
- Strong, clear, and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Facilitation and team-building skills in a distributed work environment
- Excellent resource allocation and time management skills
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated experience
- Ability to interpret and concisely communicate technical subject matters
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Team building and team management
- Intermediate-level skills utilizing MS Teams, Advanced MS productivity suite skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Comfortable shifting between leading and contributing based upon the situation and overall objectives
- Ability to gather and co-ordinate data from subject matter experts locally and virtually
- Understanding of Defense, Government, and Commercial tender requirements
- Bid team formation and leadership with proven ability to develop and complete timely submissions
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met and the efficient and timely development of marketing collateral and presentations in support of your writing
- Demonstrated results in raising the standard and quality of bids to increase bid win ratio
Job Type: Full-time
Contact: [email protected]