We seek a Production Technician, reporting to the Ceramic Production Manager.
This role is based out of our Collingwood location at 20 Stewart Road.
Link to apply: BambooHR
The Production Technician will operate various machinery items, learn several processes, and use various types of hand and power tools in the production of sensor components in accordance with written production procedures. Specific written guidelines outlining each job and hands-on training will be provided. Working directly with the Ceramic Production Manager, the Production Technician will work to achieve all job functions and ensure coordination of process flow and smooth production.
Start Date: Immediate
Hours of Work: This full-time position working 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday to Friday
Salary & Benefits: $35,000 – $40,000 per annum
Sensor Technology offers a generous healthcare spending account, including a subsidy for fitness equipment and gym memberships.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Duties as assigned in the production line including but not limited to cleaning, testing, pressing, silvering, grinding, poling, or assisting with various tasks as assigned, including shipping
- Testing equipment familiarity: Oscilloscope reading
- Basic machining: surface grinding machine, drill press & belt sander
- Maintaining accurate process records and post-process inspection of parts for quality assurance
- Adhering to safety protocols to prevent accidents and ensure a safe working environment
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be preferred
- Previous experience with soldering would be a strong asset
- Must be open to training on various machinery and in various aspects of intricate production techniques
- Physical stamina: must be able to repetitively use arms, hands, and fingers in the manipulation of parts coupled with demonstrated good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Strong planning and organizational skills; goal and task-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with coworkers, supervisors, and quality control personnel effectively and professionally are necessary to ensure that production goals are met and quality standards are maintained
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented environment and contribute to a positive workplace culture
- Must be able to concentrate in a busy work environment and be detail-oriented to maintain a high level of quality, keep accurate accounts of time and production, keep production on schedule, and maintain a safe working environment
- Basic computer skills for data entry and equipment monitoring, intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills are required
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and solve issues that may arise
We would love to hear from you if you want to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
Sensor Technology is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. We encourage you to contact us if you require accommodation in the recruitment process or need this job posting in an alternative format.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Link to apply: BambooHR