We seek a Computer Numerical Control (“CNC”) Operator, reporting to the Plant Manager.
This role is based out of our Collingwood location at 20 Stewart Road.
The CNC Operator will perform mounting and unmounting of parts to be machined, run pre-set programs, and set up new programs on all ceramic machining equipment, coordinate with production staff, maintain inventory and job logs for all machines, and complete paperwork as necessary. Working directly with the Plant Manager, the CNC Operator will work to achieve all job functions and ensure coordination of process flow and smooth production.
Apply for this job: BambooHR
Start Date: Immediate
Hours of Work: This full-time position working 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday to Friday
Salary & Benefits: $60,000 – $73,000 per annum
Sensor Technology offers a generous healthcare spending account, including a subsidy for fitness equipment and gym memberships.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Mounting and unmounting of parts to be machined
- Running pre-set programs and setting up new programs on all ceramic machining equipment
- Monitor the machine’s operations, ensuring that it follows the programmed instructions and produces parts with the required precision and quality
- Co-ordinating with other production staff to ensure parts are processed on time
- Maintaining inventory of all core drill tools and blades to ensure adequate stock
- Machine start-up and safety checks
- Maintaining hour/job logs for all machines
- Troubleshooting when issues arise, such as tool wear or machine malfunctions, to ensure production efficiency and part quality
- Inspecting finished parts for quality control to ensure they meet the specified tolerances and quality standards
- Regular maintenance, such as cleaning, lubricating, and replacing worn-out parts, to keep the CNC machine in good working condition
- Completing all paperwork as required
- Adhering to safety protocols to prevent accidents and ensure a safe working environment
- All other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education in machining, CNC programming, or a related field
- Previous experience operating CNC machines is essential, which includes the ability to set up machines, load materials, and input program codes
- A strong understanding of machining processes and the ability to read and interpret technical drawings, blueprints, and CNC program code. Comfortable using measuring instruments, such as calipers and micrometres, to ensure precision
- Mathematical skills: have a good grasp of basic math, including geometry and trigonometry, to accurately calculate toolpaths, offsets, and measurements accurately
- Computer literate: familiarity with computer systems and software with the ability to input, edit, and troubleshoot CNC programs
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, supervisors, and quality control personnel are necessary to ensure that production goals are met and quality standards are maintained
- Attention to detail is critical
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and solve issues that may arise
- Previous experience with CAD programs
- High capability to see an overall picture
- Strong planning and organizational skills; goal and task-oriented
- Solidworks and G Code knowledge as well as CNC programming and writing code would be considered assets
- A safety mindset
We would love to hear from you if you want to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
Sensor Technology is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. We encourage you to contact us if you require accommodation in the recruitment process or need this job posting in an alternative format.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job: BambooHR