We seek a Documentation Specialist/Bid Writer, reporting to the Program Manager, Industrial and Operational Excellence.
This role is a hybrid work model with three days per week in the office at at 25 Parker Street, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, and two days remote. For the first 90 days of employment, the role requires five days per week on-site in Dartmouth.
The Documentation Specialist/Bid Writer is responsible for creating, formatting, and organizing documentation, proposals, and bids to support Sensor Technology’s business development efforts. This role requires excellent writing skills, attention to detail, project management abilities, and a deep understanding of the company’s products or services.
Apply for this job: https://truenorthhr.bamboohr.com/careers/184?source=aWQ9MzY%3D
Start Date: Immediate
Hours of Work: This is a full-time position working 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday
Salary & Benefits: $70,000 – $85,000 per annum
Sensor Technology offers a generous healthcare spending account, including a subsidy for fitness equipment and gym memberships.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather information and understand project requirements, developing compelling content and value propositions, and winning themes
- Writing, editing, and proofreading bid documents, proposals, and tenders, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and compliance with guidelines
- Researching to gather relevant information, statistics, and supporting documentation for bids
- Organizing and maintaining a comprehensive library of bid-related documents, templates, and resources
- Coordinating with subject matter experts to obtain necessary technical information and input for bids
- Reviewing and analyzing bid specifications, identifying key requirements, and ensuring all the required elements are included in proposals
- Managing multiple bids simultaneously, adhering to strict deadlines and prioritizing tasks effectively
- Conducting post-submission reviews to identify areas for improvement and implement lessons learned
- All other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Business, or a related field
- Proven experience as a Documentation Specialist, Bid Writer, or in a similar role
- Strong technical writing skills, with the ability to translate complex information into clear and concise language
- Excellent proofreading and editing abilities, with a keen eye for detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to gather and synthesize information from various sources
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with bid management processes and government procurement regulations and industry-recognized document management system(s) experience would be strong assets
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Teams and MS Project
- Experience with Microsoft Visio would be an asset
- Candidates must be flexible to travel periodically within Ontario and Nova Scotia to visit current and prospective customers
We would love to hear from you if you want to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
Sensor Technology is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. We encourage you to contact us if you require accommodation in the recruitment process or need this job posting in an alternative format.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this Job: https://truenorthhr.bamboohr.com/careers/184?source=aWQ9MzY%3D