We seek a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, to report to the Production Manager.
This role is based out of our Collingwood location at 20 Stewart Road.
We are currently seeking a skilled Manufacturing Maintenance Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining and repairing a wide range of manufacturing equipment, ensuring that our production operations run smoothly and efficiently. This position requires a proactive approach to preventative maintenance, a keen eye for detail, and a solid technical background in industrial machinery.
Start Date: Immediate
Hours of Work: This is a full-time position working 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday to Friday (some flexibility is required on occasion to work additional hours)
Salary & Benefits: Sensor Technology offers competitive compensation and a generous healthcare spending account, including a subsidy for fitness equipment and gym memberships.
We also offer a supportive, collaborative work environment and growth and professional development opportunities. and opportunities for growth and professional development.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance of manufacturing equipment, including presses, conveyors, air systems, hydraulic systems, and powder production equipment
- Clean and repair mist extractors on a weekly basis to ensure optimal functioning
- Conduct weekly cleaning of all coolant tanks, machine base trays, and associated equipment to maintain coolant integrity and prevent contamination
- Operate and maintain the centrifuge equipment, ensuring proper separation and filtration processes
- Repair and maintain the poling jig, including spring wire and lead wire fix and replacement.
- Execute regular maintenance of manufacturing workflow systems
- Respond promptly to equipment issues and breakdowns, diagnosing problems and implementing effective solutions to minimize downtime
- Transition maintenance tasks currently performed by operators to the maintenance department, allowing operators to focus on production parts and quality
- Document maintenance activities, create maintenance schedules, and report on progress and challenges
- Coordinate with external vendors, suppliers and trades as needed to conduct maintenance in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the production team to improve machine reliability and performance
- Following all safety guidelines and company policies to ensure a safe working environment
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- A high school diploma or equivalent; technical or vocational training would be preferred
- Proven experience as a Maintenance Technician in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding of mechanical & electrical systems and industrial machinery
- Millwright experience or similar qualifications would be highly desirable
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Physical stamina: capable of performing physically demanding tasks, including lifting, bending, and standing for extended periods
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- A professional and courteous demeanour, and the ability to work effectively with diverse personalities and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work area, including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and adherence to safety protocols
- This role may require availability for emergency call-outs and overtime as needed
- Candidates must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada under relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Working knowledge of MS Office
We are looking for someone eager to contribute to the success of our company and grow with us. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for manufacturing excellence, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Sensor Technology is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. We encourage you to contact us if you require accommodation in the recruitment process or need this job posting in an alternative format.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.