Apply now: BambooHR
We are seeking an Accounting Associate to report to the Controller.
The Accounting Associate will support various aspects of the company’s financial operations. This role involves working closely with the finance team to ensure accurate and timely financial transactions, reporting, and compliance. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and a passion for contributing to the organization’s success.
This role is based out of our Collingwood location at 20 Stewart Road.
Start Date: Immediate
Hours of Work: This is a full-time position working 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday
Salary & Benefits: Sensor Technology offers competitive compensation and a generous healthcare spending account, including a subsidy for fitness equipment and gym memberships.
We also offer a supportive, collaborative work environment and growth and professional development opportunities. and opportunities for growth and professional development.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Accounts Payable and Receivable:
- Processing and reviewing invoices for accuracy and completeness
- Managing vendor relationships and resolving any billing discrepancies
- Processing customer invoices and ensuring timely collections
- Researching and resolving billing issues utilizing analytical and reporting tools as well as collaborating with cross-functional peers
General Ledger Maintenance:
- Assisting in maintaining the general ledger and preparing journal entries
- Reconciling bank statements and other financial statements
- Generating financial reports as needed for management and regulatory compliance
- Assisting in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports and projections
- Reviewing and processing employee expense reports
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and regulations
- Banking and credit card reconciliation
- Charging expenses to accounts, reconciling entries
- Maintaining subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Balancing subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
- Collaborating with auditors during internal and external audits (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Preparing audit schedules and responding to audit inquiries
- Managing inventory control
Ad Hoc Projects:
- Contributing to special projects and process improvements as assigned by the Financial Controller
- Performing other finance duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- A minimum of 2 years of previous Canadian general accounting/bookkeeping experience
- A current CPA or studying for a CPA designation would be advantageous
- Solid understanding of cost concepts
- Experience with inventory systems
- Accounts Receivable and/or Accounts Payable experience
- Proficient with QuickBooks Online or Desktop
- Proficiency with MS Office – advanced Excel skills are a must (proficiency with pivot tables, if statements, VLOOKUP, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- Able to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong work ethic, diligence, commitment, and ability to juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada under relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
We would love to hear from you if you want to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
Apply now: BambooHR
Sensor Technology is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. We encourage you to contact us if you require accommodation in the recruitment process or need this job posting in an alternative format.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.