Engineering Project Manager
Sensor Technology Ltd. (SensorTech) is a leading designer and manufacturer of monolithic piezo ceramic solutions and custom acoustic transducers and hydrophones. With 35 years of experience and global market penetration, we specialize in working collaboratively with our clients to provide innovative, customized solutions for maritime industries, defense and security, energy, and exploration.
Sensor Technology is a client driven manufacturer with a strong foundation in our 3 Core Values:
* Innovation – At Sensor Technology we are always looking for new and more effective ways to manufacture our products. With a strong R&D focus, we are focused on providing better product solutions to our clients.
* Knowledgeable – With 35 years in the Industry, we have built a strong knowledge base and level of expertise that allows us to share that experience with our clients in order to provide effective solutions, and an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of a variety of possible solutions.
* Customization – Our foundation is in customized solutions. With a keen understanding of the industries, as well as client needs, our strength is in providing innovative, custom solutions to meet the unique needs of each of our clients. Our passion is partnering with our clients to provide a unique, custom solution that provides increased effectiveness and efficiency to client requirements.
We are seeking a hands-on Technical Project Manager to drive hardware development for our bespoke Ocean Tech sensors. As a member of the team, you will work closely with mechanical engineers, production teams, clients/collaborators, vendors, product management, and our business organization to facilitate both short-term tactical work and longer-term strategic initiatives. This role will be based at our facilities in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
This critical role will own an array of duties, from internal coordination to longer term project management and planning. Expect to spend your time driving projects tactically, including waterfall and/or agile-based project management while communicating updates to internal stakeholders and identifying and mitigating risks to projects. You will keep schedules updated and hold stakeholders accountable for producing leading-edge technology on time. In the beginning, expect to spend your time driving projects to produce low-volume, early-stage development components. Over time, you will have the opportunity to own entire systems within our growing fleet.
Our small, close-knit team offers leadership visibility and the chance to have a direct impact on the products we develop in collaboration with our customers to drive the Blue Economy. You will be a part of a team of talented individuals who are just as passionate about supporting one another as they are about our planetary mission. Honesty and the ability to accept feedback are critical, as are a sense of humor and the general ability to have fun!
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working with electrical and mechanical hardware systems projects with software integration points (sensors and robotics as a plus)
- Experience assessing project risk and communicating its existence, as well as ways to address it.
- Experience standing up and maintaining ticketing systems and tracking dependencies and timelines.
- Able to incorporate new concepts, and dive into a problem with a solutions-oriented, outcome-focused mindset.
- Willingness to both solicit and give honest feedback.
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers.
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- A clear and concise communicator, able to bring all stakeholders together to work towards shared goals.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Technical background in engineering, other related disciplines, or ocean scientific field.
- BA/BS (or MA/MS) or equivalent experience
- Management of engineering teams
- Risk Management would be an asset.
Please contact :
Chris Tanninen – firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Manager, Sensor Technology Ltd.
“SensorTech – The Science of Sound”